A former construction site supervisor, Norris Morgan, was recently awarded a $30 million dollar verdict in California on the grounds that his exposure to asbestos caused his mesothelioma diagnosis.
Where did the exposure take place?
Mr. Norris came into contact with asbestos multiple times after being around transite pipe (an asbestos based cement product used to line HVAC ducts or chimneys) which was manufactured and sold by J-M Manufacturing. Mr. Norris did not perform any construction tasks with the transite pipe, however ended up breathing in asbestos fibers that were released into the air from being at the sites where it was used.
What evidence was presented?
Mr. Norris’ representation presented evidence, which the jury found demonstrated that J-M Manufacturing knew about asbestos in their product but did not warn those who came into contact with the product about the dangers of asbestos. After a three week trial and five hours of deliberations, the jury decided to award Mr. Norris $15 million in compensation damages, and $15 million dollars worth of punitive damages.
I have had prolonged exposure to asbestos. What options are available to me?
If you or a loved one have had prolonged exposure to asbestos resulting in a mesothelioma diagnosis contact our office at (303) 327-9988 to schedule a free consultation and speak with one of our highly experienced attorneys. Please also visit our practice area page on asbestos here for additional information.