Here at Boesen Law, we are experts when it comes to dealing with car accidents and has outlined the steps you need to take if you are in an auto accident.
Here’s what you need to know.
WHAT TO DO
- Stop – It is illegal to leave the scene of an accident
- Call 911 – For Assistance. Cooperate with Police.
- Exchange – Information. Record it in the “Notes” section of your phone, or anywhere that you can easily access the information.
- Obtain – Witness information (also keep this in your “Notes” section)
- Take Pictures – of ALL vehicles involved, injuries, and the scene.
- Seek – Medical Attention. Have a physician evaluate your injuries ASAP.
- Notify – Your Own Insurance Company
- Call us IMMEDIATELY – Boesen Law – (303)-999-9999. The time immediately after an accident is vital to your claim.
- At-Fault Driver’s Name
- Their Home Address
- Telephone Number
- Date of Birth
- Their Driver’s Insurance Policy Number
- Their Driver’s License Number
- Witness Names & Telephone Numbers
- Download Link for a Notes form here
WHATEVER YOU DO, DON’T DO THIS!
- Admit any fault. State only the facts about what happened.
- Sign anything (except a ticket or police form)
- Give written statements or talk with the other driver’s insurance company without your attorney’s involvement.
- Complete insurance forms without advice from your attorney.
- Give recorded statements to any insurance company without your attorney.
- Sign any medical releases for the insurance company without advice from your attorney.
Remember, it is important to take steps to protect yourself after an accident. Cases like these are time-sensitive so do not delay and call us today (303) 327-9988 for a free consultation.