Barry I. Dunn is a personal injury trial lawyer with over 31 years of significant litigation experience. His leaves no stone unturned to maximize his clients’ recoveries. Mr. Dunn ensures his clients obtain proper health care with excellent providers who specialize in treating his clients’ specific injuries. Mr. Dunn does not attempt to settle a case until it is ready for settlement. He has filed over 300 complaints in Colorado District Courts when insurance claims adjusters did not make appropriate settlement offers.
Mr. Dunn has conducted numerous trials, mediations and arbitrations in a wide variety of cases. His personal injury experience includes automobile collisions, premises liability (including slips/trips and falls, and zip line accidents), construction casualty, product liability (products include defective pharmaceutical drugs, asbestos, automobiles and products used in manufacturing), dog bite injuries, equine injuries, insurance bad faith, medical malpractice and legal malpractice. He has practiced mainly with law firms representing injured plaintiffs. He was a senior attorney and one of the highest earning attorneys at a prominent plaintiff’s personal injury law firm in the Denver area for 14 years prior to joining Boesen Law, LLC. He has practiced with insurance defense law firms and thus understands the perspective of the “other side.” Mr. Dunn has also been a successful construction defect trial litigator for approximately three years at a prominent insurance defense law firm in the Denver area. Mr. Dunn was interviewed about personal injury law on KBNO Radio, Denver.
Mr. Dunn’s experience also includes over 20 successful appeals, representing both appellants and respondents. Some of these appeals have been published: Chen v. Superior Court, 54 Cal. App.4th 168 (1997) (subsequently ordered de‐published by the California Supreme Court); Traweek v. Finley, Kumble, Wagner, et seq., 235 Cal.App.3d 1128 (1991); and, Puckett v. Johns‐Manville Corp., 169 Cal.App.3d 1010 (1985) (sole author of the appeal, and main responsibility as a law clerk. This appeal resulted in hundreds of longshoremen in California, who were injured by asbestos, having had their cases reinstated on appeal after the cases were dismissed by the trial court).
- University of California at Berkeley: B.A. in History,1974
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles: J.D.,1984.
Court Admissions :
Mr. Dunn is actively licensed as an attorney in Colorado and California.
Mr. Dunn is admitted in:
- All Colorado and California state courts
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- United States District Courts for the Central, Northern and Eastern Districts of California
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth and Tenth Circuits
Practice Areas :
Associations and Memberships:
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice (also formerly known as the Association of Trial Lawyers of America)
- National Trial Lawyers (where he is elected as one of the “Top 100 Trial Lawyers – Civil Plaintiff” in Colorado; the selection based on a multi‐phase process which includes peer nominations combined with third‐party research)
- Colorado Bar Association
- Boulder County Bar Association