Denver Drunk Driving Accident Attorney
Helping Victims of Drunk Driving Accidents in Colorado
Drunk driving is a serious problem in Colorado and across the United States. In fact, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), someone is injured in a drunk driving accident every two minutes in the U.S.
At Boesen Law, our Denver drunk driving accident lawyer is dedicated to helping victims of these preventable accidents recover the compensation they are owed. We understand the physical, emotional, and financial tolls these accidents can have on victims and their families, and we are prepared to fight for the maximum compensation you are owed.
Colorado Drunk Driving Laws
Colorado, like all other states, has laws in place that make it illegal to operate a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol or drugs. These laws are in place to protect the public and to hold drunk drivers accountable for their actions.
In Colorado, it is illegal to drive with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of:
- 0.08% or higher if you are 21 years of age or older
- 0.02% or higher if you are under the age of 21
- 0.04% or higher if you are a commercial driver
It is also illegal to drive while under the influence of drugs, including marijuana. In these cases, the driver may be charged with a DUI, even if their BAC is below the legal limit.
What to Do After a Drunk Driving Accident
After a drunk driving accident, it is important to take the right steps to protect your health and your right to recover compensation. Here are some steps to take after a drunk driving accident:
- Call 911: If you are able, call 911 to report the accident and request an ambulance. The police will also respond to the scene and will conduct an investigation.
- Seek Medical Attention: Even if you do not think you were seriously injured, it is important to seek medical attention after a car accident. Some injuries, such as traumatic brain injuries and internal bleeding, may not be immediately apparent. A doctor will be able to diagnose and treat these injuries before they become life-threatening.
- Document the Accident: If you are able, take pictures of the accident scene, including the damage to your vehicle and the other driver’s vehicle. You should also take pictures of any visible injuries you have. If there were any witnesses to the accident, ask for their contact information.
- Do Not Admit Fault: After a car accident, it is important to be careful about what you say. Do not apologize to the other driver or admit fault in any way. Even if you think you may have been partially at fault, you may not have all the facts. It is best to let the police and your attorney determine who was at fault for the accident.
- Do Not Talk to the Insurance Company: After a car accident, the other driver’s insurance company will likely contact you to get a statement. It is best to avoid speaking to the insurance company until you have spoken to an attorney. The insurance company may try to get you to say something that can be used to deny your claim.
- Contact an Attorney: After a car accident, it is important to contact an attorney as soon as possible. An attorney will be able to help you navigate the claims process and will fight to protect your rights every step of the way.
What Compensation Can I Recover After a Drunk Driving Accident?
After a drunk driving accident, you may be entitled to recover compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more. In some cases, you may also be entitled to recover punitive damages.
Here are some types of compensation you may be entitled to recover after a drunk driving accident:
- Medical Expenses: You may be entitled to recover compensation for all medical expenses related to the accident, including the cost of emergency room care, hospital stays, surgeries, medications, and more. If you will require ongoing medical care, you may also be entitled to recover compensation for the estimated cost of this care.
- Lost Wages: If you are unable to work while you recover from your injuries, you may be entitled to recover compensation for your lost wages. If you are unable to return to work, you may also be entitled to recover compensation for your lost earning capacity.
- Pain and Suffering: You may be entitled to recover compensation for the physical pain and emotional suffering you endured as a result of the accident and your injuries.
- Property Damage: You may be entitled to recover compensation for the cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle and any other personal property that was damaged in the accident.
How Long Do I Have to File a Drunk Driving Accident Lawsuit?
In Colorado, you have three years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit. If you fail to file a lawsuit within this time frame, you will likely be barred from recovering any compensation for your injuries.
While three years may seem like a long time, it is important to contact an attorney as soon as possible after a drunk driving accident. An attorney will need time to investigate the accident and gather evidence to support your claim. Additionally, the longer you wait to contact an attorney, the more likely it is that evidence will be lost or destroyed.
How Our Drunk Driving Accident Attorneys Can Help
After a drunk driving accident, you may be entitled to recover compensation for your injuries. However, the insurance company will likely do everything in their power to deny your claim or to pay you as little as possible. That is why it is so important to have an experienced drunk driving accident attorney on your side.
At Boesen Law, our Denver drunk driving accident lawyers can help you by:
- Investigating the Accident
- Calculating the Full Extent of Your Damages
- Negotiating with the Insurance Company
- Filing a Lawsuit
- Representing You in Court
Call Our Denver Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer Today
At Boesen Law, our Denver drunk driving accident attorneys are dedicated to helping victims of these preventable accidents recover the compensation they are owed. We know the tactics the insurance company will use to try to get you to settle for less than you are owed, and we will not let them take advantage of you.
Learn more about how we can help you by contacting our drunk driving accident lawyer in Denver online or calling (303) 327-9988today!
“They were attentive and responsive, and they got me the results I was expecting. I recommend Boesen Law for your bodily injury claims!”- Joshanna H.
“Jason is not just a paralegal, he is a friend and brother. Dennis Walker is not just a fantastic attorney, he is a loving, considerate, patient fighter of human rights. I will be grateful for Boesen Law until I die. Thank you, I shake as I write this. You ”- Jessica S.
“When needed legal support, they were fully committed to my case. My legal representatives had my back, they were easy to reach, and always responded to my questions/concerns within 24 hours.”- Veronica N.