Denver Defective Product Attorneys
Product Liability Lawsuits in Colorado
Every day, we rely on countless products. Ostensibly, these products are designed to make our lives easier, safer, healthier, and more convenient—but when they fail to work as intended or pose unreasonable risks to consumers, innocent people can be severely injured or even killed.
If you were hurt or if someone you love died after using a defective product, you could have grounds for a product liability lawsuit. At Boesen Law, our Denver defective product attorneys provide personalized legal representation and aggressive client advocacy on behalf of those injured or otherwise harmed by unsafe and faulty products. We have a proven track record of success; our attorneys have secured numerous favorable settlements and verdicts throughout their decades in practice. We are ready to fight for you and the fair compensation you are owed.
What Makes a Product “Defective?”
Generally speaking, a product is considered “defective” when it poses an unreasonable risk of foreseeable injury to consumers when used correctly and as intended.
There are three main types of defects a product can contain:
- Design Defects: A design defect occurs when a product’s actual design is flawed, rendering it inherently unreasonably unsafe for typical use. For example, automobile tires that shred or explode (“blow out”) may have a defective design.
- Manufacturing Defects: Manufacturing defects occur when a product is properly designed but improperly manufactured. An example would include seatbelts that are improperly installed in a vehicle, causing them to fail to lock when the brakes are applied.
- Labeling/Marketing Defects: When a product is missing safety warnings, instructions, or other consumer safety labels, it may have a labeling defect. Similarly, products that are marketed for off-label or untested use could be an example of defective marketing.
At Boesen Law, our Denver product liability attorneys conduct exhaustive investigations and work alongside industry experts to identify the type of defect a product has. This allows us to not only prove that the defect was the cause of injury but also pinpoint the liable party, whether it’s the designer, developer, manufacturer, distributor, seller, or some other party.
Examples of Common Defective Products
Any consumer or industrial product can contain a serious defect or flaw that might result in catastrophic injury or death. However, some products tend to be the subject of product liability litigation, mass torts, and class action lawsuits more often than others.
Some examples of common defective products include:
- Motor Vehicles and Vehicle Parts: Common auto defects include defective vehicle design, as well as defective tires, braking systems, accelerators, and engine components.
- Pharmaceutical Drugs and Medical Devices: Some examples of defective drugs and medical devices include Zantac, talcum powder, and CPAP machines.
- Children’s Products: All types of children’s products can be defective, including toys, cribs, car seats, high chairs, blankets, and bottles.
- Household Appliances, Cleaners, and Tools: Defective household products include gas-powered appliances, like water heaters and dryers, as well as cleaning products and household tools.
- Construction and Industrial Equipment: Common construction and industrial equipment defects include defective ladders, scaffolding, forklifts, cranes, and other machinery.
- Electronics: Some examples of faulty electronics include cellphones, batteries, personal computers, chargers, and e-cigarettes.
- Asbestos: Once commonly used in all types of products, asbestos has been linked to various medical conditions and cancers, including mesothelioma.
These and other defective products can cause severe bodily harm and may even lead to fatal accidents. At Boesen Law, our attorneys fight for the rights of injured victims and the families of those wrongfully killed by faulty, harmful, and dangerous products.
Compensation for Victims of Defective Products
Defective products can lead to devastating accidents and injuries, including car crashes, falls, explosions, fires, accidental choking, cancer, and more. Victims and their families may be left with significant physical, emotional, and financial losses. The purpose of filing a product liability claim or lawsuit is to recover monetary compensation for these losses, collectively referred to as “damages.”
Depending on the unique details of your case, you may be entitled to compensation for the following damages after being harmed by a defective product:
- Emergency medical attention
- Surgery and other treatments
- Hospital and ambulance fees
- Medication and medical equipment costs
- Future and ongoing medical care
- Pain and suffering
- Lost enjoyment of life
- Diminished earning capacity
- Lost income, wages, and benefits
- Loss of future earnings due to disability/impairment
- In-home assistance and care
- Home modifications
- Emotional distress and trauma
- Counseling/therapy costs
At Boesen Law, we seek maximum compensation on behalf of our clients. Our goal is to provide you with the resources you need to get back on your feet, care for your physical and emotional wellbeing, and move forward with your life.
Get Started with a Complimentary Consultation
Our Denver defective product lawyers believe in developing meaningful relationships with their clients. To that end, we prioritize in-person consultations, which we offer free of charge. Unlike a lot of other personal injury law firms, we do not limit these consultations to one hour. Instead, we allow you the time you need to tell your story, share what happened, and ask any questions you may have. This initial meeting also allows us to get to know you, learn more about your situation, and discuss how we can help you fight for the justice you deserve.
As your legal team, we will be there for you throughout the entire process. Our clients receive direct access to their attorneys, as well as open and honest communication regarding their cases. We offer a high level of personal attention and compassionate, client-focused legal counsel, as well as aggressive advocacy in and out of the courtroom.
“They were attentive and responsive, and they got me the results I was expecting. I recommend Boesen Law for your bodily injury claims!”- Joshanna H.
“Jason is not just a paralegal, he is a friend and brother. Dennis Walker is not just a fantastic attorney, he is a loving, considerate, patient fighter of human rights. I will be grateful for Boesen Law until I die. Thank you, I shake as I write this. You ”- Jessica S.
“When needed legal support, they were fully committed to my case. My legal representatives had my back, they were easy to reach, and always responded to my questions/concerns within 24 hours.”- Veronica N.