Denver Catastrophic Injury Attorneys
Catastrophic Injury Claims in Colorado
Any injury can have serious consequences, but some are so life-altering, they are considered “catastrophic.” These injuries tend to have significant and long-lasting physical, emotional, and financial impacts on victims and their families, ranging from exorbitant medical bills to permanent disability and lifelong impairment.
If you or someone you love suffered a catastrophic injury as a result of another person or party’s negligence, you could be entitled to financial compensation for your damages. At Boesen Law, our Denver catastrophic injury lawyers offer compassionate, client-focused representation, as well as aggressive advocacy in and out of the courtroom. We believe in offering personal attention and support to each and every one of our clients. As a local law firm, we are dedicated to helping severely injured individuals and their families in Denver, Aurora, and throughout Colorado.
What Makes an Injury “Catastrophic?”
For legal purposes, a “catastrophic” injury is one that causes significant and/or permanent impairment, disability, or limitation of a bodily system, organ, or member. However, there is no set definition of a “catastrophic injury;” any injury that significantly impacts the victim’s life could be considered “catastrophic.”
Some examples of catastrophic injuries include:
- Amputation/loss of limb
- Broken bones/fractures
- Burn injuries
- Eye injuries/vision loss
- Head and neck injuries
- Hearing damage/loss
- Nerve damage
- Organ injuries
- Significant scarring or disfigurement
- Soft tissue injuries
- Spinal cord injuries, including paralysis
- Traumatic brain injuries
Common Causes of Catastrophic Injuries
Any serious accident or traumatic event can lead to a catastrophic injury.
In the U.S., the most common causes of catastrophic injuries include:
- Motor vehicle accidents, including car, truck, and motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian-vehicle and bicycle-vehicle collisions
- Falls, including slip and falls and falls from heights
- Workplace accidents, including slip and falls, fires, explosions, and workplace violence
- Sports and recreation accidents, such as boating accidents, ATV accidents, and diving accidents
- Medical malpractice, including surgical errors, medication mistakes, and birth injuries
- Dog bites and other types of animal attacks
- Defective products, leading to severe bodily injury or illness
- Criminal activity, such as assault, attempted murder, and other forms of violence
At Boesen Law, we have seen firsthand how the negligent and wrongful conduct of others can lead to permanent, life-altering injuries and medical conditions. Our Denver catastrophic injury attorneys are committed to helping you hold the liable party accountable and fight for the maximum compensation you are owed.
Are Catastrophic Injury Cases Different Than Personal Injury Claims?
While catastrophic injury cases fall under the umbrella of personal injury law, there are some important differences that set catastrophic injury claims apart.
Some of the main differences between catastrophic injury and standard personal injury claims include:
- The severity of the victim’s injuries
- The extent and cost of necessary medical care
- The victim’s need for ongoing rehabilitation and future medical care
- The extent of lost wages, income, and other employment benefits
- The increased likelihood of permanent disability or impairment
- The overall value of the victim’s economic and non-economic damages
Because catastrophic injuries are more severe than other types of injuries, victims are likely to need more extensive medical care. They are also more likely to become partially or fully disabled, meaning they are more likely to be unable to return to work at full capacity or at all. The severity of these injuries also leads to immense pain and suffering, as well as emotional distress and lost enjoyment of life. In short, the effects of a catastrophic injury tend to be much greater than those of a regular injury.
As a result, insurance companies and other liable parties are more likely to aggressively dispute catastrophic injury claims. These entities do not want to pay out high-value claims and will often refuse to settle claims for a fair amount. It is extremely important that you work with an attorney who has specific experience handling catastrophic injury cases.
At Boesen Law, we understand the unique challenges catastrophic injury victims face. We know how to fight back against the insurance company’s efforts to dispute your injuries or devalue your settlement. If necessary, our Denver catastrophic injury attorneys are fully prepared to represent you and your rights at trial.
Understanding the Long-Term Impact of Catastrophic Injuries
Catastrophic injuries can have a profound and lasting impact on every aspect of your life. These types of injuries often result in severe physical, emotional, and financial consequences that can be overwhelming to navigate on your own. At Boesen Law, our Denver catastrophic injury attorneys understand the complexities of these cases and are dedicated to helping you obtain the compensation you deserve.
Some of the long-term effects of catastrophic injuries may include:
- Lifelong medical treatment and care
- Permanent disability or impairment
- Loss of income and earning capacity
- Emotional trauma and psychological distress
- Decreased quality of life
Our experienced team of attorneys will work tirelessly to build a strong case on your behalf, ensuring that all aspects of your injury and its impact are taken into consideration. We will fight for your rights and seek maximum compensation to help you recover and rebuild your life.
How Boesen Law Can Help You with Your Catastrophic Injury Case
At Boesen Law, we understand the devastating impact that a catastrophic injury can have on your life and the lives of those around you. That's why our Denver catastrophic injury attorneys are dedicated to fighting for the compensation you deserve.
Here are just a few ways that we can help:
- Investigate your case: Our experienced attorneys will investigate the circumstances surrounding your injury to determine who is liable and what compensation you may be entitled to.
- Build a strong case: We will gather and analyze evidence, consult with experts, and build a strong case on your behalf.
- Negotiate with insurance companies: We will negotiate with insurance companies to ensure that you receive the compensation you are entitled to.
- Represent you in court: If necessary, our attorneys will represent you in court to fight for your rights and maximize your compensation.
With Boesen Law on your side, you can rest assured that your catastrophic injury case is in good hands. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you get the compensation you deserve.
Learn More About Your Legal Options Today
At Boesen Law, you will receive a high level of personal attention and dedicated legal counsel directly from your attorney. We take the time to truly get to know you, listen to your story, and learn how we can help you get back on your feet. To that end, we offer completely free, in-person consultations and, unlike many other law firms, we do not limit these consultations to an hour. During your initial meeting with our team, you will have the chance to share what has happened to you and learn more about your legal rights and options.
“They were attentive and responsive, and they got me the results I was expecting. I recommend Boesen Law for your bodily injury claims!”- Joshanna H.
“Jason is not just a paralegal, he is a friend and brother. Dennis Walker is not just a fantastic attorney, he is a loving, considerate, patient fighter of human rights. I will be grateful for Boesen Law until I die. Thank you, I shake as I write this. You ”- Jessica S.
“When needed legal support, they were fully committed to my case. My legal representatives had my back, they were easy to reach, and always responded to my questions/concerns within 24 hours.”- Veronica N.