Denver Personal injury Attorney Helping you file a claim
Colorado Personal Injury Laws You Should Know
When someone else’s careless, negligent, or wrongful conduct leaves you injured, you have the right to take legal action. By filing a personal injury claim, you can seek financial compensation for specific losses—known as “damages”—related to your injuries. In most cases, you will have to prove that the other person or party is liable for your damages to successfully resolve your claim.
How do you prove such claims? What paperwork do you need to file? Our personal injury lawyers in Denver can help you navigate these issues as well as difficulties you may not realize are on the horizon.
Navigating the legal system after a serious accident or injury can be daunting. Right now, you should be focused on getting the medical care you need and recovering from your injury—not fighting with the insurance company for a fair payout. When you turn to Boesen Law, you can be confident knowing that our Denver personal injury attorneys will handle every last legal detail of your case. From investigating your claim and gathering evidence to communicating with the insurance company and seeking maximum compensation on your behalf, our team will be there for you every step of the way.
Continue reading to learn more about filing a personal injury claim in Colorado and how Boesen Law can help, or call us at (303) 327-9988 to set up a free, in-person consultation.
When Can I File a Personal Injury Claim?
How the Colorado Personal Injury Statute of Limitations Works
There are several things you should know before filing a personal injury claim. First, the state of Colorado has a statute of limitations, or filing deadline, for personal injury lawsuits. The Colorado statute of limitations for personal injury only gives you two years from the date of injury (in most cases) to sue the liable party for damages. If the statute of limitations expires before you take legal action, the court will almost certainly dismiss your case.
Second, you can only file a personal injury claim if you have grounds to do so. Generally speaking, cases can be brought on the grounds of negligence, strict liability, or default. If you have a case based on strict liability (such as a dog bite claim) or default (including some product liability claims), you do not necessarily need to prove that anyone negligently caused you harm.
However, to bring a personal injury case based on negligence, you will need to prove the following:
- You were injured and suffered measurable economic and/or non-economic damages; if you were not injured or did not suffer measurable economic or non-economic damages, you do not have a case
- The person or party against whom you are bringing the claim (the “defendant”) owed you a duty of care, meaning they had a responsibility to follow the law, act reasonably, and/or prevent foreseeable injury
- The defendant failed to uphold the duty of care, whether by acting negligently, recklessly, wrongfully, or unlawfully or by intentionally inflicting injury/attempting to cause intentional harm
- The defendant’s failure to uphold the duty of care was the direct or proximate cause of your injuries, meaning you would not have been injured or suffered damages had the defendant upheld the duty of care
A Denver personal injury attorney from our law firm can thoroughly investigate the details of your case to determine exactly what happened and, most importantly, who is liable for your injuries and damages. We often work with accident reconstructionists, expert witnesses, and other professionals who help us analyze evidence and build powerful cases on behalf of our clients.
Do I Need a Personal Injury Lawyer?
At Boesen Law, we are ready to do everything possible to secure the best possible outcome for you. While there is no law stating you must hire a personal injury lawyer, there are many reasons to trust your case to an experienced legal team.
- First, numerous studies have shown that people who work with personal injury attorneys tend to recover better settlements than those who try to resolve their cases on their own. This is likely because insurance companies know that attorneys will aggressively pursue just compensation and are, therefore, more likely to settle claims for a fair amount rather than undergo the time, expense, and hassle of going to trial.
- Another reason to work with a personal injury attorney is that your attorney will be able to handle the various legal details of your case, allowing you to focus on your physical recovery. Our Denver personal injury lawyers take care of everything, from gathering and submitting various documents to analyzing evidence and communicating with the insurance company, all while ensuring you remain up to date on your case. We provide honest and consistent client communication and are accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- When you turn to a professional legal team for help with your personal injury case, you benefit from their extensive experience, insights, and resources. You also have the option of pursuing maximum compensation by taking your case to trial, if necessary.
How Can a Denver Personal Injury Attorney Help with Your Personal Injury Case?
Our attorneys have decades of experience handling all types of personal injury claims, including cases involving:
- Motor vehicle accidents, including car, truck, and motorcycle accidents
- Catastrophic injuries, such as traumatic brain injuries and spinal cord injuries
- Defective products, including bad drugs, Zantac, CPAP machines, and talcum powder
- Asbestos exposure, mesothelioma, and pharmaceutical liability
- Medical malpractice, including birth injuries, surgical errors, and misdiagnosis
- Workplace accidents and workers’ compensation claims
- Elder abuse and neglect, including nursing home abuse and negligence
- Covid-19 vaccine complications, including allergic reactions
Our team is ready to assist with all aspects of your case. No matter how complex or challenging your situation may be, we can help you fight for the justice and fair compensation you are owed. There are no legal fees for you unless we recover a settlement or verdict on your behalf, and our multilingual staff can assist you in English, Russian or Spanish.
“They were attentive and responsive, and they got me the results I was expecting. I recommend Boesen Law for your bodily injury claims!”- Joshanna H.
“Jason is not just a paralegal, he is a friend and brother. Dennis Walker is not just a fantastic attorney, he is a loving, considerate, patient fighter of human rights. I will be grateful for Boesen Law until I die. Thank you, I shake as I write this. You ”- Jessica S.
“When needed legal support, they were fully committed to my case. My legal representatives had my back, they were easy to reach, and always responded to my questions/concerns within 24 hours.”- Veronica N.