What is SSI/SSDI?
Social Security and Social Security Disability (also known as SSI or SSDI) are insurance programs offered by the Social Security Administration (or SSA) for those who are retired and/or in need of financial assistance due to disability that prevents them from working.
Despite the many benefits these programs offer, the process to apply for SSI or SSDI benefits can be a confusing, and often frustrating process for those who are not familiar with the inner workings of the system. Our firm has extensive experience working in the areas of Social Security and Social Security Disability that can help you get the benefits you are entitled to.
Here are a few reasons as to why hiring an attorney is helpful for your claim
1. Knowledge of the System
• Having a sense of how the application process works is key when applying for SSI and especially SSDI. The attorney handles putting together your application so that all required paperwork is correctly filled out and submitted correctly, as well as any additional documentation (such as medical records etc. are included). This can help greatly minimize your chances of your claim being denied, as the SSA routinely denies over 50 percent of the applications it receives for SSDI claims.
2. Representation at Appeals/Hearings
• Having legal representation at a hearing or appeal is important helping your claim have a better chance of being approved or the denial of your claim is overturned. It can also help give you a sense of confidence knowing that you have an advocate that is looking out for your best interests.
3. Gathering Evidence/Documentation
• This is especially important in regards to SSDI claims, as one of the main reasons SSDI claims are denied is due to the applicant showing insufficient support as to why they require disability benefits. Having an attorney working with you on your claim is key in helping you provide evidence to the SSA, that your disability is legitimate and that it is medically necessary for you to receive these benefits.
How to Get Started
If you or a loved one are interested in applying for SSI or SSDI benefits or need help with a current claim, contact our office at (303) 327-9988 to schedule a free consultation and speak with one of our experienced attorneys. Please also visit our website at http://www.boesenlaw.com for additional information.